Here are some great smoothies made from banana and (of course) coconut for starting the day. Let’s start with the first recipe of banana breakfast smoothie.
1. Good Morning Smoothie
- Servings: 1
- Prep Time: 5 minutes (plus freezing time for banana)
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup coconut milk or raw milk
- ¼ cup organic rolled oats
- ¼ cup tahini or peanut butter
- 2 tsp. coconut oil, warmed
- ½ tsp. homemade or organic vanilla extract
- Optional: Dash of cinnamon Handful of fresh curled parsley
Chop banana into chunks. Place all ingredients except cinnamon into a blender or food processor. Pulse until thoroughly blended. Pour into a glass and top with the cinnamon.
2. Blueberry Banana Breakfast Smoothie
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, warmed to melting
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour or 1 Tbsp. coconut flakes
- 1 cup whole raw milk or coconut milk
Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and process for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Pour into two glasses and enjoy.
This recipe is also exceptional when the blueberries are swapped out for strawberries. Either way it’s one of our favorite summer breakfasts. Heavenly berry season eating that can be extended all year by freezing some of your local berry crop. Frozen berries will easily retain their goodness and nutrition for six months.
- Check other recipes at https://gococonutoil.com/category/recipes/
Originally posted 2020-05-20 22:51:09.