Making smoothies is one of my favorite ways to make a quick meal on the go. When they have flavors like chocolate and cherries, it feels like you’re somehow not being healthy, but you really are. This Black Forest Smoothie is packed with protein, antioxidants, healthy fats, and lots of carbs.
It’s perfect for first thing in the morning, or right before and right after a heavy workout. The key to not finding clumps of coconut oil in your smoothie is in the way you add it to the smoothie. See the instructions at right for the secret.
YIELD: 1 SERVING
- ½ cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 banana (preferably frozen)
- 4 large ice cubes
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 scoop (30 g) protein powder (any kind)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1. Place all ingredients (except the coconut oil) in the blender in the order listed.
2. Set the blender to medium and allow mixture to get fairly smooth before adding the coconut oil.
3. Once it’s smooth, open the pour spout at the top of most blenders (or remove the lid) and slowly pour in the liquid coconut oil as you blend.
4. Pour into a serving glass and drink up
Originally posted 2021-02-07 09:20:54.