Super Healthy Smoothie Starter
Since you are looking for a nutritious smoothie, I am going to share with you a recipe to make a Super Healthy Smoothie Starter.
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus freezing time for bananas, and soaking time for dates/raisins, flax seed and dried coconut.
- 1 pear
- 2 small bananas
- ½ to ⅔ cup Medjool dates or organic golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp. organic golden flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp. dried coconut (shredded or flakes)
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp. organic cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar, raw honey or maple syrup (grade B)
Slice and freeze the bananas ahead of time. Frozen bananas are a great staple to keep in the freezer. Just cut them into 1 inch chunks in advance and have them in a Tupperware or freezer container for easy access.
Place the dates or raisins, flax seed, dried coconut and coconut oil in a cup of warm (110°F) water and allow soaking for at least 30 minutes. Pour the soaked ingredients and water into the blender and pulse a few times to mix.
Then gradually add the other ingredients and continue pulsing until all ingredients are added. Then blend for 30 seconds or until well blended.
Originally posted 2020-08-15 23:02:01.