Super Healthy Smoothie Starter
Since you are looking for a nutritious smoothie, I am going to share with you a recipe to make a Super Healthy Smoothie Starter.
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus freezing time for bananas, and soaking time for dates/raisins, flax seed and dried coconut.
- 1 pear
- 2 small bananas
- ½ to ⅔ cup Medjool dates or organic golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp. organic golden flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp. dried coconut (shredded or flakes)
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp. organic cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar, raw honey or maple syrup (grade B)
Slice and freeze the bananas ahead of time. Frozen bananas are a great staple to keep in the freezer. Just cut them into 1 inch chunks in advance and have them in a Tupperware or freezer container for easy access.
Place the dates or raisins, flax seed, dried coconut and coconut oil in a cup of warm (110°F) water and allow soaking for at least 30 minutes. Pour the soaked ingredients and water into the blender and pulse a few times to mix.
Then gradually add the other ingredients and continue pulsing until all ingredients are added. Then blend for 30 seconds or until well blended.
Serve topped with coconut cream, whipped raw cream or homemade coconut ice cream. Delicious and super nutritious!
Originally posted 2020-08-15 23:02:01.