Coconut Barfi Indian Sweet
This particular Coconut Barfi Indian Sweet is a bit over the top sweet for my taste but there are those who just adore it, and because it is a really long standing traditional coconut recipe, I really felt it could not be left out.
Let’s dig in! This recipe is very short … and (of course) sweet.
- Servings: Makes one 8-inch square baking pan
- Prep Time: 5 minutes (not including making homemade coconut flakes)
- Cook Time: 5-6 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. butter or ghee
- 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 14 oz. homemade sweetened coconut flakes
- ½ tsp. fresh ground cardamom powder
- 1 Tbsp. cashews, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. almonds, chopped
Heat a pan and add a tablespoon of butter. Let it melt. Add 14 oz. can of condensed milk and a 14 oz. of homemade sweetened coconut flakes.
Combine the ingredients in the pan. Add cardamom powder and nuts and keep stirring and let everything cook for 5-6 minutes.
Transfer to a baking pan greased with butter or ghee. Spread evenly and cut in equal portions. Place in the fridge and let it set for about 2 hours.
Find out more coconut recipe below:
Originally posted 2020-08-30 20:17:28.