Coconut Apple Chicken Salad
Today, I will be sharing one of my top salad recipes which is the coconut apple chicken salad. It is good to add this protein-balanced recipe to your daily diet.
Servings: 4 – 6
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups cut up boiled or roasted free range chicken meat (dark and white meat is very good in this recipe)
- 1 cup tart green apples, cored and chopped to small chunks
- ½ cup celery chopped into ¼ inch pieces ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 2 large green onions, diced finely
- ¼ cup coconut olive oil mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. coriander
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup shredded coconut for garnish
Set the cranberries in a small dish and add a quarter cup very hot water. Allow to cool to warm, add one teaspoon honey.
After 10 minutes, drain thoroughly, set aside. Combine the chopped up chicken, apple, celery, coconut, nuts, onions and cranberry in a large bowl and mix until well combined. In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise and yogurt and add the spices and seasonings, mix well.
Then pour and mix the dressing into the salad, folding until all ingredients are well coated with dressing. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the shredded coconut in a side dish for garnishing each serving.
If you cannot get fresh cranberries, substitute dried organic cranberries in the same amount and soak them the same way, if they only have sweetened organic dried cranberries, omit the honey and just soak them in hot water and then drain.
Originally posted 2020-05-05 09:09:00.