Coconut Pineapple Mango Quinoa
This Coconut Pineapple Mango Quinoa recipe is very short and sweet. I personally believe that it is so good to use daily to improving your health.
- Servings: 3-4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup multi-colored quinoa
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken bone broth or water
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 lime, zest and juice 1 lemon, zest only
- ½ cup fresh or thawed frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen mango, chopped
Follow the same recipe as for the basic coconut oil pilaf (read HERE).
Add the coconut milk and water to the hot quinoa. Reduce and simmer for 20 minutes or until almost all the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and stir in the shredded coconut and lime juice, reserving a small amount of the shredded coconut for garnish.
Fold in the pineapple chunks and mango pieces. Garnish with the set-aside shredded coconut and lime zest. Serve at once.
According to Forbes, here are seven health benefits of quinoa:
- Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat.
- Quinoa contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains.
- Quinoa contains Iron.
- Quinoa contains lysine.
- Quinoa is rich in magnesium.
- Quinoa is high in Riboflavin (B2).
- Quinoa has a high content of manganese.
Originally posted 2020-05-11 09:37:21.